December for some companies is rather slow, some companies are rather busy. Most times the company I work for is about medium pace. However yesterday I made a list of the projects that need to be completed. Some of them sooner than later, and of course all of them will take more than 1 day to accomplish. Let’s not also forget the daily issues that come up. Kind of like yesterday.
I had planned to start down my project list and then it happened. “A Problem” hehe. I get an email from our accountant and she was having some issues with quickbooks enterprise. So I start to check into it and soon realized I was going to have to call their support line (which is a total pain). That call lasted about 1 hour and to make a long story short, I worked this quickbooks issue from 845am till about 2pm. Not really what I had in mind, but it’s my job so what can I do. So moving along, here is a list of some of the projects that I need to start working on.
- Upgrade to Diskeeper 9
- Upgrade to Quickbooks Enterprise 9
- Upgrade our in house instant messenger (OpenFire)
- Patch our Domain Controllers
- Finish packaging up Adobe 9 to be installed by Group Policy Push
- Upgrade our VMware software
- Upgrade our LeftHand Networks software
- Quarterly maintenance on our Exchange Server
So as you can see I have a lot to work on and this is about 50% of my complete list. I cannot pay you but if you would like to help any in way, I will greatly accept it, lol.